Dāna (Dahna), “Perfection of Giving”
In Buddhism, giving is essential. “Dāna” (pron. dahna) is Sanskrit meaning “generosity” or “giving.” In Buddhism, it also refers to the practice of cultivating generosity. Equally as important as the giving is the motivation for giving. The Perfection of Giving comes when one gives without expectation of reward.
3rd and 4th Quarters 2020
Freedom Service Dogs of America
Freedom Service Dogs was established as a two-person organization in 1987 and has become one of the leading service dog training organization in the country. Dogs trained by Freedom Service Dogs transform the lives of people with a variety of mobility challenges as well as veterans and active-duty military with service-related injuries or post-traumatic stress.
By performing a wide range of task, service dogs help to increase independence and self-sufficiency of their partners. This in turn helps to improve the psychological, social, and economics well being of their human counterparts.
Haute Yoga Colorado is a proud sponsor of Freedom Service Dogs of America and collecting and donating proceeds from the Dana Community Class.
Past Dāna Recipients:
Dana Recipient - 3rd and 4th Quarter 2020 Freedom Service Dogs of America Link: https://freedomservicedogs.org/ Donate: https://freedomservicedogs.org/donatefsd/ Freedom Service Dogs was established as a two-person organization in 1987 and has become one of the...
Dana Recipient - 1st Quarter 2020 Colorado Horse Rescue Link: https://chr.org/ Donate: https://chr.org/general-donation/ Colorado Horse Rescue was established in 1986 providing shelter and rehabilitation for abused and neglected horses. Many horses are surrendered...
Dana Recipient - 4th Quarter 2019 Community Food Share https://communityfoodshare.org/ Donate: https://communityfoodshare.org/donate/ Community Food Share was established in 1981 as a non-profit agency to tackle the expanding hunger issues in Boulder county. In the...
How Can I get Involved?
Join us for our weekly donation class. Check our Class Schedule as class offerings vary from week to week.
While Dana is always discretionary, all monies raised through our weekly donation class will be donated to a noteworthy (local) organization. The HYC community may nominate and vote for local organization to be the featured each quarter. (See Nomination Guidelines)
Dana classes do not count against punch card classes. A minimum suggested $5 donation is appreciated.
Haute Yoga Colorado is dedicated to supporting the greater community and the non-profits that are near to our hearts.
Dāna Charity Nomination Guidelines:
Do you know of a wonderful organization doing great things? Nominate your favorite charity as the Quarterly HYC Dāna Charity.
Organizations must meet the following criteria in order to qualify:
- be local. Giving to a charity close to home is a wonderful way to support those around you. When you give locally, you can literally view the impact of your gift.
The closer to the studio, the better.
- not for profit.
And, must fit in at least one of the following categories:
- Human Service who provide assistance to people in need. Top priority will be given to children’s organizations.
- Educational organizations who promote learning and empowerment for children and adults.
- Strengthen economic and personal financial literacy for children or adults
- Promoting sports or the arts for children in need
- Providing school supplies for students in need
- Animal organizations which improve the life of animals or the people they serve
- animal rescue and rehabilitation
- animal welfare
- providing service animals
- Local Natural Disaster Relief.
- Veterans assistance
Organizations that are ineligible for donations
- Religious programs or education (Programs operated through a church, e.g. soup kitchens, homeless assistance programs, etc., will be vetted on a case by case basis).
- Political organizations or efforts to influence legislation.
- Labor groups.
- Loans and development for small businesses.
- Organizations that promote discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical challenge, age, or status.
- Profit-making enterprises.
- Advocacy directed groups and programs.
- Direct payments to colleges are not eligible; however, club sports, scholarship funds and community outreach by college-based organizations are permitted.
- Organizations that provide services or outreach that may be considered sensitive or controversial.
- Individual sponsorships related to fund-raising activities.
- Designated funding purpose towards building, updates, and/or renovations.
Dāna Charity Nomination Form:
Nominate your favorite local organization for this quarter’s featured Dana Charity. Eligible nominations will be voted on by the students at Haute Yoga Colorado.
Haute Yoga Colorado
16631 Washington St.
Thornton, Colorado 80023
Refer a friend
and receive $10 off your next purchase.*
*Coupon is received when your friend signs up for one multi-class pack or membership.